Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday, May 20, 2011

Was up way too early this morning (3:00 am)  and couldn't get back to sleep.  Did some research on the computer and then added 'apps' etc. to my smart phone.
Off to coffee in the 'Library' and to see about getting the 'roaming' feature turned off in my cell phone.  They were so nice at Future shop, my phone doesn't have a setting for this so she contacted Koodo directly to find out how.  Well after 30 minutes on the phone (between the 2 of us) and some research by the Koodo rep discovered that my LG Optimus will not do this.  I will just have to watch my bill and if there are any roaming charges that are not legit they will take them off for me.  I was able to stop the data roaming feature and they could block the text roaming feature so I'm good to go for now.  Thanks to Scott I also turned off the ability to use the data feature on the phone unless I purposely turn it on.  The amount of data you can use for the price is pretty chintzy but it will be worth it if I am in a situation where I really need it.  At home I use my own wifi and if I'm anywhere else with wifi can still use that to connect to the internet.

At 11:45 met Irene Blokhuis at Shoeless Joe's (Fairview Mall) for lunch.  The food was excellent and not over priced.  Would go back there again for sure.  We had a 2 hour gab fest as we had a lot of catching up to do.  I'm already looking forward to our next get together.

Did some shopping after lunch (Costco and Walmart) and was home shortly after 4.  Checked out my facebook and saw that Joanne was online.  She and Dani are actually on the way here and should arrive in about 30 minutes.  They are just dropping off their stuff and then heading to Buffalo for a visit with Joanne's mom and dad.  They will be coming back here for the night.

Ken and I are off to the Ridgeway Legion for Fish and Chips after they leave.  It was excellent!  After dinner we drove down to Fort Erie and then followed the Niagara River to get home.  Was a lovely drive and so nice to see everything with the sun shining on it.  By the time we got home I was really tired and decided to just crawl into bed to watch some TV and make an early night of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment