Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011

Well another busy week has come and gone.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
My sister Virginia came to spend a few days in our area.  She arrived in Toronto last Wednesday and has been visiting with her daughter Sharon and son James.
James and his partner Traci had the opportunity to visit Jordan and had a wonderful time there along with Traci's grandmother.  Traci's aunt works for the US consulate so having someone in the country made the visit even more enjoyable for them.
They loved the trip and found Jordan a great place to tour; antiquities and new scenery galore.  I'm so pleased for them to have had this opportunity.
Virginia arrived at our place about 8:00 after having dinner with our son Scott and his family.  My memory is getting so bad lately.  She had told me in one of our conversations that she was stopping by their place on her way from Toronto to us but I had forgotten so was getting a little concerned when she hadn't arrived my 6:00.  Daughter Sue called and she reminded me about her stop at Scott's.

Monday, May 30, 2011
We had a bit of a catch up Sunday night before bedtime and then some time Monday morning before she left to meet her friend Lynda Zavitz for the rest of the day and an overnight with her at the family cottage on Lake Erie.
Ken's truck is having some serious brake issues and he took to a fellow on Hwy 3 to have it fixed.  Virginia and I were going to take my car to the US tomorrow but Ken will need my car to get to and from work so that won't work out very well.  Monday morning we checked with the car rental company (Budget) to make sure she could take the rental over the border.  All is good with that so we can take that vehicle.

May 31, 2011
Tuesday she met me at our house about 10:00 am and we were off to visit cousin Sue McClary in Amherst.  It's been a long time since the 3 of us have spent this much time together.  We arrived at Sue's home on Brendans Place at 11:00 so the trip took us about 35-40 minutes; not bad considering we had to cross the border.
Virginia, Eileen, Sue
Sue is in the process of some renovations in the house that she bought a couple of months ago and selling the home she is currently in which is only 3 years old.  She found a lovely, older home almost around the corner from her son David's and the two properties actually are almost back to back in the rear yards.  This will be even more convenient for them both as Sue is with her grandson most mornings before school and then some afternoons also.
The three of us were off to lunch at the Old Country Buffet on Transit Road for lunch and I make a quick trip into Best Buy there also to check out a couple of things before we eat.
Food was excellent and we ended up having a 2 hour lunch (more gabbing of course).  After lunch we went to the 'new house' for a tour.  It's such a comfortable feeling home, even with no furniture and some construction being done. It was built in the 70's but had an upgrade in the late 90's.  Sue is redoing the counters, etc. in the kitchen and added an Island she is also redoing both of the bathrooms and once the reno's are done will be moving in.  Hopefully her present home will be sold by then but if not then she will have to consider other options in the meantime.
From there we had a quick visit with David, Kecia and Dillon before heading back to Sue's present home.  About 7:00 we realize we are getting hungry and Sue drives us to Pautler's Drive in for a fast food dinner.  She didn't realize that Tuesday Nights are Cruise Nights there so it was a challenge to find a parking spot.  At least, as we were on the late side, we didn't have to wait long to place our order.
It was about 8:45 when we left Sue's and headed home.  Was a long day but a good one.

June 1, 2011
Candy, Virginia, Eileen, Sue, Felice
Virginia left our place about 10:30 to meet her friend Iris in Port Robinson for a visit before she meets with Candy, Felice, Sue Cullen and myself at Candy's home in Welland.
Was so good to all get together, Candy's little guy 'Seppi' is almost one now and is such a sweet little guy. Her husband Vinnie joined us also.
Virginia and I decided to have dinner together in Welland before she headed back to Toronto and we met at the Red Rice Restaurant at the Seaway Mall.  Even though it was a short visit with us she managed to get a lot of visiting done.  She may be back in September for another quick visit so perhaps can see the ones she didn't see this time then.

June 2, 2011
Not much sleep last night,  Ceejay was having trouble and was very restless, I finally got up with him about 1:30 and by the time he was feeling better it was about 4:30.  I didn't want to take a chance on waking Ken so Ceejay and I curled up on recliner until about 7:00.
Ken is working and I am playing golf this morning.
Golf was a disaster, the grass is so long on the fairways (too wet to cut) that when you hit a short ball (as I do) you can't hit it far enough to keep it out of the long grass.  Trying to hit out of long grass like that is very hard on my hands because of the arthritis and by the time we had finished 7 holes I was so sore I had to give in and quit.  Between cold temps this morning and trying to hit the ball my body was not happy with me at all.  A few of us have decided that until they are able to get the grass cut properly it just won't be worth playing.  I really hope it stays dry enough for them to accomplish this before next Thursday as I hate to miss.
Had a very quick visit from son Steve in the afternoon.  He had to make a visit to the Ridgeway NAPA store this morning and dropped in on his way home.  Was hoping he could have spent the night with us but he had to be in Ridgetown in the morning so wanted to get home.
Had a call from my sister letting me know she had stopped by Zion Cemetery last night and the marker for our mom has been installed.  I have to call and find out why they put the marker (and relaid dad's the same way) with the lettering facing in a different direction from the other stones.
Was good that I had told Phyllis I might not be at Games Night tonight as I would have had to cancel anyway, just way too tired.  Went to bed about 7:30 and I'm sure I was asleep before 8.

June 3, 2011
Well, falling asleep so early last night meant waking up very early this morning (2:00 am).  Sure hope that I get in a bit of a nap this afternoon so that I get to sleep at a more reasonable time tonight.
Ken is going golfing this morning and I have coffee hour and then Tai Chi.  The rest of the day looks clear so I should be able to get some laundry done and might even try for a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment